Monday, March 05, 2007

I'm Baaaaaaaaack

Hello there. Its been a while. Life is one of those things that gets in the way of me updating this blog with the regularity I would like. Today, I have a collection of quick hits, just to get back in the swing of things. We will see how long it lasts…


I have a back injury. Not sure how I did it. Not sure what I did. The solution for over a year was pain killer and muscle relaxers, until I visited a place called the Texas Back Institute. They have done some testing, taken the MRI and even went as far as injecting me with steroids and pain meds on Friday. Granted I have more range of motion, I still hurt like hell, so lets hope they find a solution soon.

So the short lived family reunion with my sister ended as abruptly as it began. Granted, she took us for 600 bucks, and we found out all sorts of juicy info like the arrest for prostitution, the DUIs, and stuff like that, but she has gone the way of the McRib, not to be seen for at least another year. Her current husband, well one of several, still talks to us, but that is about as far as it goes.

I am officially a Heros addict. I love this show. Rarely in life do I plan my evening around a certain show, especially being in the Tivo world, but this one I rush home to watch as soon as I can. If you have not seen it so far, why not?


The iPhone has generated a lot of buzz. Seeing as I work for the un-namable fruit flavored computer company, everyone seems to want my opinion. My position is simple. People have massive coronaries every time their iPod freezes, or the battery does not last. Add bluetooth, wifi, and phone abilites, and I can only image what sort of fit I am going to hear about on a daily basis. Besides, I want a phone that works, that answers and makes calls, for 600 bucks, it had best make breakfast for me.


Brittany Spears has lost it. Anna Nicole is dead. Enough already, I am tired of hearing about it. If Spears goes after Anna Nicole, who rises from the dead and they have a ultimate fighting match, and it’s a tie, then I might be interested in the news of that event, otherwise, I am done.

Springtime, when seasonal allergies are running crazy, the lawn is starting to remind me that I have to mow the damn thing, the shorts get shorter, and baseball is back baby. My Texas Rangers are on top of the top, looking great and in first place. Granted no one is tracking who is in first, but dang it with all the teams tied, I think it counts. Mark my words, there will be a team in the world series that everyone will look at and go “really? I thought they sucked”. I know, I can call em every year.


Looking back, I realized that I use the word “granted” a little too much. I sound like a fricken Genie.

No comments: