Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Too Many Cooks...

So yesterday, I figure out that we have a printer that is damaged. I contact our vendor, and set up to have a replacement. After I left, the new IT manager decided to call one of his contacts to come out and repair the printer. So as I wait for a replacement, some tech comes out, charges 90 bucks, and says he will be back tomorrow with parts. But I will have a replacement, and everyone cannot see why this is annoying. Its easy. We are spending money on something that I had replaced for free.

There are 17 IT guys at my plant this month, helping us get set up. At this point, the biggest part of my time has been spent setting up printers, and running around taking inventory. As soon as everyone leaves, I will be in charge of support, but not have any clue how to support, because everyone is gone who set it up.

And how is your day going?

No comments: