Monday, June 27, 2005

Where is my soapbox?

Ok, I would like to discuss something that has been more and more common to see in the news each year during the summer. Parents run to the store, go to work, or whatever, and leave the kids in the car, where they die of heat.

Someone explain how this can happen. I am almost positive that if you go to the grocery store, and buy choclate or icecream, you rush back to the house to put it away, because it might melt or spoil. How can you forget a kiddo?

I can get out of my truck here at work, and maybe I forget to grab my ID badge, or maybe I forget my wallet. But if Baby Munkey was in the backseat, I would damn sure make sure he either goes in with me, or whatnot.

I was home with him all weekend. We ran errands and such, and he can fall asleep easily in the car. I don't forget he is there. When I stopped for gas at one point, i stayed with the car as I filled up, and the windows were rolled all they way down.

What in the hell could be more important that your child? The common excuse is "I don't normally drop them off at daycare, so I forgot they were in the car."

"You have to have a license to drive a car, but any asshole can be a parent" -Parenthood


Wake up people.

No comments: