Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Almost quick hit style...

So I have to ask. What is a fumar? There are signs all over the plant that say no smoking and no fumar. I guess if I ever spot an elusive fumar, I am going to have to shoot it on sight.
____________________________________________________________________________________

Time to vent. One thing that really irritates me: When someone with no children like to chime in with ways you are not raising yours correctly. We were told by the Munkey-In-Laws that we are blase about baby munkey's safety. Yeah when he falls and hurts himself, we usually yell "suck it up" and move on. I don't care how many degrees you have, how much you make, what you drive or where you live. My child is my child. Just because I don't dress him up in full pads everyday, a helmet for his little head, and surround him with pillows, that does not make me a bad dad. Providing that much protection will not make him a better person, it will make him sheltered. We do tend to take a "if he hurts himself, he will know not to do that next time" but not for something like juggling chainsaws. I never wore a helmet when I rode a bicycle, and I am still here to tell the tales of jumping off of homemade ramps, 8 feet in the air.
____________________________________________________________________________________

scariest thing I have heard all day:
Spoken by a coworker, who is about 5'8" and 300 pounds. "Man I really love the food from the Roach Coach. Its not horrible at all!"

No comments: