Tuesday, August 02, 2005

You see...

There are some things in life you should never have to do. Waking up at 4:30am to be at work at 5:30am should not happen, unless you work in morning radio. But that is what I have been instructed to do. I am supposed to be here 30 minutes before everyone else, in order to verify all of the servers are running and whatnot. My boss used to have that distinction, but could not get here on time, so I was dedicated to the task. Yet he is still my boss. Not sure how that works out. Oh well, traffic is light, it only takes 40 minutes instead of an hour, and I get to see the sun come up every morning. Hooray. Note the sarcasm.


So back to my teases from a week ago...

My son is developing a foot fetish, or potential for a foot fetish. He loves to put shoes on, especially his momma's shoes. My socks, her sandles. He tries to rip the shoes from the other children at daycare. Especially the girls. he is not paying for used stocking on the internet, and he is not wanting pictures of feet, but does have a fascination with feet.


In other news, we had a patio cover built this past weekend. After I get the misting system set up, we will have a little oasis in the back yard of the casa. Of course, its only like 111000 degrees out most afternoons, so shade is not that valuable. Again with the sarcasm.

Movie that you should go see if you have a sick sense of humor: Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. I loved the original, and its sense of wonder and acid trippyness, but the new one is just as good, only different. Johnny Depp plays the eccentric quite well, and Tim Burton is true to form. The music is done by Danny Elfman, who I think is greatness. Just go out and purchase/download (leagally mind you) any old oingo boingo or music from NIghtmare Before Christmas. It is a very good movie and I would tell everyone of my friends to go see it

I would like to close with a thought that has bothered me for the past week. I am now only scheduled for 50 hours a week, as opposed to 75-90. It almost feels like a vacation. Time for more coffee. Have a great day.

And remember "Don't touch that squirrel's nuts, he does not like it"-Willy Wonka

No comments: