Thursday, August 18, 2005

do or do not, there is no try....

I am going to play a little bit of catch-up here, and fill you in on all the happenings of the last few days or so.


Sunday I go to get gas in the Jeep, only to find that someone had broken in, and stolen my iPod, Radar detector, laptop, digital camera, and other stuff. I did not realize how much I loved music, and the iPod until I did not have it for my 4:30 drive to work. Granted, the radar detector is still something I miss, not being able to drive 75-80mph, but at least we bought a replacement iPod, making my drive not nearly as painful.


Work has been a series of ups and downs, full of fustration, irritation, and exhaustion. In other words, another week. But its Thursday, and that is almost as good as Friday, but not as bad as Monday.
I was officially given an office, which makes things feel a little more permanant, since prior to this week, I was sitting at a folding table.

Baby Munkey is going to spend the weekend with the chainsaws, and he is excited, they are excited, and we are definately excited. See that means we get to watch TV at a normal rate, instead of taking 3 hours to watch a Tivo'd 1 hour show. There are lots of instances of "baby, dont dive from the sofa", "get out of the dog cage", "don't eat the weeks old macaroni you hid behind the curtains". Should be nice. Might actually be able to clean the house, instead of stepping over and around piles of blocks, dinosaurs, trucks, and shoes. Imagine....

Speaking of TV and all things entertainment related, here are a few to check out if you have time, or Tivo.

1) Over There-FX-I have to say, I was unsure about this one, it was brought to us by the same guy that thought Cop Rock was a good idea. Its actually a really good show, and is more about the characters and their interaction in Iraq, than Iraq and the misguided attempts being made there.

2) Family Guy-Fox-Not sure if anyone ever watched this much before it was cancelled, but I was not that impressed in the beginning. I have since gone back and watched reruns on Cartoon Network, and watch the new ones now. This show is smart, way funny, and just over the top to keep me tuning in without getting uncomfortable (see Southpark for uncomfortable jokes, yet I try to catch that too)

3) Rescue Me-FX-Not only does this have Denis Leary, one of my alltime favorite standup acts, but it constantly keeps me laughing. Then wondering if that makes me un PC for laughing. The Theme song is great, the acting is great, the characters are great, and it is something I look forward to each week.

5) New music I have recently found, for those amoung us that remember and enjoy 80's synth pop, but want something new

The Postal Service



Now everyone out there may have caught all of these items, but if not, send a check to....

Awwww, never mind, just send coffee, its still early

No comments: